Ottawa is a great city with a lot going on around the area. This year we will see a burst of excitement as Canada’s 150th is celebrated across the city. There is a lot to celebrate and it will be a great time to live in Ottawa. Concerts, festivals, and the Juno awards will all be happening in this vibrant city.
Find our more about what is happening at the Ottawa 2017 website.
During a usual year, there is still so much to enjoy from museums, sporting events, skiing, tobogganing, sailing, hiking and so much more. Skating along the canal is especially one thing not to miss in this city.
Whether you are a foodie, sports enthusiast or lover of the arts. This city has something for everyone.
● Winterlude – Canada’s biggest winter festival, which is held for three weeks in February, with ice sculpture competitions, snow games and skating.
● Bluesfest – with ten days in July of blues bands from around the world
● Canadian Tulip Festival – two weeks in May – the largest tulip festival in the world
● Ottawa International Jazz Festival – 10 days in June of jazz performers from around the world
● Fringe Festival – 10 days in June of plays and theatre
● Folk Music Festival – Four days of folk music acts in September every year
● Dragon Boat Festival – Four days of dragon boat racing in June every year
● Canada Day – July 1 every year
Cultural Centres and events
The Museum of Civilization (Gatineau)
The National Arts Centre
The Canadian War Museum
The Canadian Museum of Nature
The Agriculture Museum
The Aviation and Space Museum
The Science and Technology Museum